Prior to installing Office 365, any existing version of Office installed will need to be removed.
If you do not currently have any version of Office installed on your computer, skip to the section titled Install Microsoft Office 365.
01. To remove an old version of Office, first click on the white Start menu icon located on the taskbar.
02. Type in the word Control. The app suggestion of Control Panel will appear. Click on Control Panel.
03. Under the section titled Programs, click on the link titled Uninstall a program.
04. Scroll down and click on the title that begins with Microsoft Office. Click on the Uninstall button.
05. A window will appear asking if you wish to proceed. Click on the Yes button.
06. An uninstall window will appear. Click on the Uninstall button. Once completed, you can now install Microsoft Office 365.
01. Open a web browser and go to www.office.com. Click on the Sign In button.
02. Type in your workplace email address. Click on the Next button.
03. Type in your workplace email password. Click on the Sign In button.
04. At the top right hand of the webpage, click on the Install Office button.
05. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on Office 365 Apps.
06. After a few seconds, a dialog box will appear. Click on Save File.
07. To locate the downloaded file, click on the white Start menu icon located on the taskbar.
08. Type in the word File. The app suggestion of File Explorer will appear. Click on File Explorer.
09. Go to the Downloads folder. Locate the program you have just downloaded – it will begin with the word Setup. To begin the install process, double click on this file.
10. A dialog window will appear. To run the Office 365 installer, click on the Yes button. Office 365 will now install. When completed, click on the Close button.
You can install Microsoft Office 365 on a total of 5 devices. To review your installed devices:
01. Following the first 3 steps outlined in the section titled Install Microsoft Office 365.
02. At the top right hand of the webpage, click on the Install Office button.
03. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on the Other install options button.
04. The following webpage will preload to the My Installs tab. Click on the Installs link.
05. To uninstall Office 365 from a specific device, click on the Deactivate link.