iPhone Configuration for Email
To set up an Office 365 (Exchange) email account on your iOS Mail app, follow these instructions:
- Go to your iPhone or iPad's Settings > scroll down and tap Passwords & Accounts > Add Account.
Note: If you're on iOS 10, go to Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your Office 365, Exchange, or Outlook.com email address and a description of your account. Tap Next.
Tap Sign In.
Note: if the Sign In option does not automatically load your details, you will need to contact Megabyte to gather further information to proceed with the Configure Manually option. Please see the notes at the bottom of this page.
- Enter the password associated with your email account. Tap Sign in or Next.
- The Mail app may request certain permissions. Tap Accept.
- Choose the services you want to sync with your iOS device and tap Save.
Multiple Email Accounts
If you have multiple email accounts in your iOS device (for example one work and one personal, or two work, etc...), then it's likely the first email account you setup will be set to the default. This means that any emails you send from your iOS device will be sent from your default email account.
To change your default email, follow these steps:
- Go to your iPhone or iPad's Settings > scroll down and tap Mail.
- Scroll to the very bottom and check the name of the Email Account in the Default Account field. If it is the same name as the one you created above, then you don't need to proceed any further. If it is displaying a different name, tap Default Account.
- Tap on the account you wish to be your default so the blue tick is next to it, then tap Mail. Your done!
If you use a common email provider, your device will load your email settings automatically. If your device doesn't load these settings automatically and you don't know them, contact Megabyte and ask for the following information:
My Email settings
My email address:
My email provider:
Incoming Mail Server Settings
Account type (POP or IMAP):
Incoming Mail Server:
Incoming server port number:
Incoming server supports SSL? (yes or no):
Outgoing Mail Server Settings
Outgoing mail server:
Outgoing server port:
Outgoing server supports SSL? (yes or no):
Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful